Internship with reimbursement
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries. 160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product, which are sold in more than 180 countries, with 53% of our business coming from emerging and developing markets and our continued success is a result of our focus on innovation and sustainability.
We ensure our enterprising and talented people have the freedom to act and are empowered to make bold, tough decisions. We want to speak to talented, individuals with integrity who will help us deliver our ambitions across all locations and multiple disciplines.
Unilever Procurement organization is responsible for the procurement of all goods and services for Unilever. Our motto is “Bring the best of the world inside and bring out the best to the world”. The first part captures our external focus – getting the best from our suppliers to achieve our company vision and thought leaders on sustainability, environmental and social issues, and ensuring access to the latest and most accurate market insight. The second part refers to leveraging the power of one team to the organization so that we can win, always keeping the customer and consumer at the heart of our vision.
In Unilever Procurement we are committed to delivering business results by focusing on:
• Driving growth (open innovation with suppliers, execution, on-shelf availability)
• Fueling growth (buying savings, performance and payment terms)
• Sustainable sourcing and eco efficiency with suppliers
The Procurement department is involved in a deep and challenging transformation of the way of working. In this scenario we are looking for a brilliant and dynamic new-graduate to join through an internship our Global and European Procurement Team.
The Assistant Procurement Manager Stagiaire in this role will support the global procurement teams of “Bottles” and “Closures and Assemblies”. The focus of the role is on 2 distinct aspects:
• Support the global teams on the process implementations in the new global structure/strategy through portfolio analysis and reporting activities.
• Support the European Closures and Assemblies team to deliver VIP projects, Innovation projects (leading implementation of small projects) and FPOC for day to day queries with internal community.
The candidate must demonstrate strong skills in the areas of action not debate, team alignment, external orientation and holding others accountable. Being able to effectively manage relationships and work within networks across all functions of the Unilever business and within the supply base of the two teams will be key to successfully delivering in the role.
The role will be based in Milan and travel required to support effectively the different activities.
- 5 years degree in Industrial Engineering or Business Administration;
- Fluent in English;
- An academic or working international background is an advantage;
- Ability to think clearly and prioritize;
- Communication skills;
- Highly developed organizational skills;
- Flexibility to travel;
- Ability to work cross-culturally;
- Knowledge of Procurement function is an advantage.